Tuesday 20 September 2011

Happy Thoughts.

:)
:)
:)
:)
Didn't want this to be a rant about all the bad things that go with weightloss/exercising, coz yesterday was proof that there are amazing things that come with it!

I began the day by saying no to little treats that swung my way which of course helps me in the long run coz every little treat I say no to helps, right?

Anywho, lets get to the good stuff.
I went to the gym and had just got into my gym gear and I saw a friend from tech... we had a wee chat and what not then I went back to what I was doing. My friend has two flatmates she lives with (obviously) and I have met them both. I turned back around and my friend said to me.... "Alex and Monique have both commented on separate occasion how much weight you've lost"... I went bright red for some reason and said "oh..thank you"...didn't really know what else to say... Might have to work on this one!! I also told her I was working towards 'bikini by summer'... she agreed she was too..funny thing is, this girl has got to be a size 6-8. I laughed to myself and went on my merry way!

The second great achievement of yesterday was that I was given a pair of jeans about 6 weeks ago and theyr really nice lee Jeans.. I tried them on, struggled to get them past my thighs and when I finally did there was about a 10cm gap from the button to the  button hole and I tried with all my might!! Last night we were heading out for dessert for a friends birthday and I thought I would just try them on... and they FIT! They're even a bit baggy at the knee! As I am writing this I'm thinking I have to put a picture on of my success. The other thing is, theyr light coloured jeans and I have NEVER ever EVER worn light coloured jeans because I felt my legs were too big. I must admit, these jeans only look nice with a long top to hide the top of my thighs but that just means I need to work on these, and I know that.





Thirdly, at dessert I walked in and felt like I was a different person. I chatted away the girls down my end of the table and was asked heaps of questions about my gym routine and what I do. The friend from the gym was there and so was one of her flatmates. :) It was nice to talk about something that I had been working really hard at and for people to notice it had paid off.

Finally, a little bit of a two edged sword. The scales were taken away from my flat. In some ways its really really great coz it will stop me checking every day and then it will stop the mind fuck that comes with that. But then its bad coz then I can't track how I am doing. The gym scales are MEAN too. Like MEAN to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment