Tuesday 27 September 2011

Back on track

As the title says, I'm back on the bandwagon, riding that very bumpy track we call weight loss.

My challenge leader held a nutrition session today which inspired me to get my eating back on track. 
He said most stuff that I was already doing such as:

  • no carbs at night (which was a good reminder because I was having bread as a snack at around 8pm the last couple of nights). 
  • He said to hit the gym/cardio first thing in the morning to burn that extra fat because if we do it the other way around you will just be burning the food you have eaten in the day, not the extra stored fat (which if course is what you want to lose!).... so I am going to get back into my walking in the morning before classes. Gosh I am very lucky I am a student and have those mornings free - feel for those who work fulltime! 
  • He also said that its a good idea to have protein shakes instead of morning tea or afternoon tea as it is sometimes really hard to get that good nutritious protein we need during the day. So I think I am off to buy some protein powder this weekend to keep me on track and have decided I'll have one probably in the afternoon before the gym just to keep me going till dinner time. I feel like one of those fitness freaks hahah! Love it.
  • He gave me some good ideas about meals and I think I will try cook some couscous for lunches - must get some good recipes under my belt! 

I didn't get my usual amount of work out unfortunately but tomorrow is another day. 

Anywhoooo off to do some homework! 

No comments:

Post a Comment