Monday 12 September 2011

and so it begins...

Here we go. The big hoola, the big shebang, the big goodbye to the fat that lays on my hips!

Today I started a 12 week challenge..it has been sometime now that I have returned to the gym and I have been feeling great about it. When I began tracking my weight and what not I was at 73kg earlier this year. But this is not the heaviest I have been. About three years ago I tipped the scale at 78kg, I started going to the gym and I have never looked back.

Since eating better and exercising big time I have seen my weight fluctuate between 68 and 70kg in the past three weeks. I must add, its the first time in five years I have seen the 60's so that is one big achievement for I.

The reason I started this blog was so I can basically write down what I'm feeling, if I'm feeling positive, gutted, sad, awesome, energized, tired.... all the rest. And also to track how I'm doing.

My trainer is adamant I will get to my goal weight of 62kg's in 12 weeks - if not more. So I have two goals. I have a goal to lose 5kg - taking me to around 65 and a goal to lose 7kg taking me to around 62.

I can't even begin to think what I would look like at 62. Let alone if my trainer thinks I can beat that!!

I took a few photos back in May and I didn't really know if I wanted to put them up here. I figure at the moment I am just anonymous and if someone happens to read this then I'm sorry about the fright!!

I also figured it would be a very cleansing experience to 'bare all' and this blog is the perfect expression of that in my opinion.

If you do know me, and if you are reading this, don't look at me differently. Don't come to the conclusion I am doing this to skite or brag or tell you how amazing I am doing. Its not about that. It is about making a change and starting fresh. Making a change that I should have made a long time ago.

I don't think I'm obese by any means. I am within the 'healthy' weight range for my height and age, but I am at the upper end of this and to bring myself down to the middle would be a feat in itself. I have always felt the 'bigger' out of my friends. One friend once pointed out that I hid behind my clothes, and she was right. I still do.

There is SO much I want to write, but with very little time on my hands I shall skip to the hop

Housekeeping and current 12 week plan


  • Monday: Cardio and upper body
  • Tuesday: Straight cardio - hitting 600cals burnt in an hour
  • Tuesday: WEIGH IN!
  • Wednesday: Cardio and Core
  • Thursday: Straight cardio - hitting 600cals burnt in an hour
  • Friday: Cardio and lower body
  • Saturday: Straight cardio - hitting 600cals burnt in an hour
  • Sunday: REST!!!
I will be writing down what I eat in here as well in the next few posts.. hoping to post every day as a way of putting pen to paper, or fingers to screen??.... Just a way to let it all hang out.

Speaking of which.
Heres those photos of my time back in May......... will post some more recent ones of me 4-5kg lighter. I'm sure there will be some difference. 


Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment