Sunday 11 December 2011

shock

Got the shock I needed this morning when I hopped on the scales. Have put on 1.7kg since I have been home.... thought it was taking a wee while to catch up on me and BAM, there it is. So I have to LISTEN to my body like I used to and eat ONLY when hungry. I'm really gutted seeing that big spike put into my chart on loseit.com and to realise I am back where to the weight I was in October, losing two months work. It really isn't easy, is it? It takes two months to come off, yet can be put on in a matter of weeks. It motivates me though, I realise I need to go back to my old ways, and these little 'treats' I have been having must be cut until Xmas Day and only then can I have one day off. Also, NY resolution, drink less. Over the weekend had a very boring experience of alcohol, didn't enjoy it when drinking, went to town and so many drunk louts out and about, I have begun to realise what is important to me, and basing friendships on alcohol, isn't.

Here is to a healthier day, week, month, year. One step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really over the drinking culture in NZ. Especially the whole "town" aspect of it. Sure its great every once in a while but every weekend? And Friday and Saturday? Yeah not really my scene any more. Although every now and then I do really crave going out for a dance!

    When you do go out its such a pressure and social norm to be drinking, but more often then not it turns people into sluts or douches, or douches who think cos your drinking you are a slut! Grr it makes me so angry, just coz there is alcohol involved doesn't mean you can go around groping girls, boys you should know just cos your drunk or she's drunk it still counts as sexual harrasment!


    Sorry wee angry rant there! Good luck for xmas and the new year!

    ReplyDelete